October 27, 2008

It is done – Her coffin

For my frozen charlotte doll. I took one of the small ones and bloodied up her arms and legs, gave a little wound on the head and chest. I drew the outline for the size of the coffin needed. Cut out the glass for each side. Added spider web black paper to the bottom piece. Taped each piece and soldered. I attached the doll to the bottom piece. Then soldered each piece together. I am thinking on stamping R.I.P. at the bottom of the coffin.
I added two jump rings to the top and instead of the usual link chain I threaded some orange ribbon through and then worked on added each Halloween charm from the charmster group swap. I tied a knot through each jump ring on the charm. So they would stay in place.

Wire wrapped the ribbon in the back so I can just slip it over my head and wear it.
Yeah. What a great time of year.

3 comments:

Laurel said...

I love the little mutilated dollie in her coffin! Okay, I'm weird. Great stuff, Melissa!
Laurel
www.laurelsteven.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

That is fabulous!! :)

kecia deveney said...

love the coffin! nice job. did you cut the glass yourself? i'm horrible at cutting glass!